SA Health tonight issued an alert advising anyone who attended the school on Monday November 23 to immediately isolate with all members of their household until further notice.
Contact tracing and genomic testing is underway to confirm if the new case is linked to the Parafield cluster, which earlier today stood at 29 cases.
SA Health said Woodville High School would be closed on Thursday “to undergo deep cleaning and to allow SA Health to conduct detailed contact tracing and risk assessment”.
The school is in the same area as the Woodville Pizza Bar, where at least two workers also connected to city medi-hotels have returned positive tests.
One of them, a Spanish man in SA on a graduate visa, was initially blamed by authorities for sparking last week’s three-day lockdown. Premier Steven Marshall said on Friday the man had “lied” to contact tracers about his work arrangements.
An SA Health spokesperson said it was unclear at this stage whether the schoolgirl had any connection to the pizza bar.
Local News Matters
Media diversity is under threat in Australia – nowhere more so than in South Australia. The state needs more than one voice to guide it forward and you can help with a donation of any size to InDaily. Your contribution goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. Please click below to contribute to InDaily.