Walker has opted not to contest a two-game ban for a slinging tackle which knocked out GWS star Josh Kelly during Saturday’s game.
“It probably sums up my season, very challenging for me individually and us as a footy team,” Walker told Triple M radio on Tuesday.
Walker’s Crows can’t make the playoffs, a dramatic slide since losing last year’s grand final against Richmond.
The key forward has endured troubled times since Adelaide’s grand final flop – he missed the entire pre-season competition because of a foot injury.
Walker also missed five games in the premiership season because of injury and has been suspended twice – his latest ban follows a one-match suspension last month for a high bump on Geelong’s Zach Tuohy.
The 28-year-old said his foot ailment had bothered him all season and he was also suffering groin soreness.
Walker said his body was “crying out for a bit of rest” but was uncertain if surgery was required.
“I haven’t worked that out yet, I don’t think so,” he said.
“My groins and foot are still a bit sore but I have played with them for most of the year.
“So two weeks off will give me a head start on pre-season for next year. I’m going to start ASAP, it gives me two weeks head start on everyone else.”
Walker accepted his latest suspension, realising he was in strife because Kelly was injured – the Giant midfielder was concussed and didn’t return to action.
“They (league hierarchy) are so protective of the head and if the consequence is they’re knocked out or hit their head, then you’re in trouble.
“Disappointing, but that’s the way the rules go and that’s where footy is now.”
We value local independent journalism. We hope you do too.
InDaily provides valuable, local independent journalism in South Australia. As a news organisation it offers an alternative to The Advertiser, a different voice and a closer look at what is happening in our city and state for free. Any contribution to help fund our work is appreciated. Please click below to become an InDaily supporter.