Justice Malcolm Blue says photos of the alleged defects still existing with the $2.3 billion development are of assistance but a view may also help.
“It might give me a better idea of what the issues are,” he told the parties in the Supreme Court on Monday.
“At the moment they’re all double-Dutch to me.”
Counsel for the developers said a view could easily be organised and would take about an hour and a half.
The court heard it might give the judge an opportunity to “visualise what the issues are”.
Counsel for the State Government objected to the idea, suggesting it would delay a resolution in the case.
“We are concerned to get on with this as quickly as possible,” he said.
Despite those objections, Justice Blue scheduled the visit for Tuesday.
The Supreme Court earlier heard that the defects remaining with the hospital included problems with ceiling heights, air-conditioning and the hospital’s loading dock.
The State Government instigated legal action against the hospital consortium earlier this year because of protracted delays in completion of the hospital and a dispute over whether the government or the developers should determine when the hospital was ready to be handed over.
The government has consistently maintained it will not take charge of the new hospital until it is sure patient safety will not be compromised.
Local News Matters
Media diversity is under threat in Australia – nowhere more so than in South Australia. The state needs more than one voice to guide it forward and you can help with a donation of any size to InDaily. Your contribution goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. Please click below to help InDaily continue to uncover the facts.