InDaily InDaily

Support independent Journalism Donate Subscribe
Support independent journalism

News

Adelaide exposure sites named after positive cases

News

SA Health has named exposure sites at Norwood, Glenelg, Unley and the city connected to the locally acquired cases, but other sites aren’t yet listed.

Print article

SA Health on Wednesday evening identified two close contact sites. One relates to patrons at Theatre Bugs at Norwood on Saturday November 27 at 2pm to Sunday November 28 at 2am.

The second relates to attendees of an induction night on Level 1 at a Business SA event at Unley on Tuesday November 30, from 5:30pm to 8pm.

SA Health also identified a casual contact exposure location in Glenelg at Cardone’s Seafood & Grill on Friday November 26,  from 7pm to 9:30pm.

Low risk casual contact locations were also identified at Hey Darling Expresso in Adelaide, on Friday November 26 from 11am to 11:45am, Norwood Theatre Bugs on Monday November 29 from 9am to 6pm and Tuesday the November 30 from 9am to 6pm.

Another low-risk casual contact location is in Glenelg at Fourth Wine Bar on Friday November 26 from 6:30pm to 7pm and 9:30pm to 11:45pm.

Ocean View College at Taperoo has closed today after someone connected with the school tested positive, but it isn’t on the list of exposure sites.

At time of publication, SA Health had not today updated its list of exposure sites.

The two men who tested positive yesterday are the first locally acquired cases of COVID-19 since the state’s borders reopened last week.

Under current arrangements, SA is open to vaccinated travellers from all states and territories, with some requirements for testing and quarantine.

International arrivals are required to quarantine for 14 days, regardless of where they come from.

Local restrictions, such as mandatory mask-wearing on public transport and in most venues, also remain.

The state’s transition committee met on Tuesday but left all travel and local restrictions unchanged despite concerns over the new Omicron variant of the virus.

Premier Steven Marshall said previously there was an “inevitability” about cases in South Australia under the new border rules.

“But what we want to do is to get to those cases as early as possible,” he said.

“So that we’re minimising the number of people who need to have testing or potentially go into isolation.”

Make a comment View comment guidelines

Local News Matters

Media diversity is under threat in Australia – nowhere more so than in South Australia. The state needs more than one voice to guide it forward and you can help with a donation of any size to InDaily. Your contribution goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. Please click below to help InDaily continue to uncover the facts.

Donate today
Powered by PressPatron

More News stories

Loading next article