Today’s new cases include a man aged in his 70s, a woman aged in her 40s and an international traveller who has been in a medi-hotel since their arrival.
Chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier said the woman is the mother of a child who tested positive last week after visiting the Greek on Hallifax exposure site.
She has been quarantining at Tom’s Court with her child.
The man is linked to the Tenafeate Creek Wines cluster, which is now at 10.
“He was quarantining at home, he lives alone and so when we got the result through he was contacted and he has now been transferred to (the Tom’s Court medi-hotel),” Spurrier said.
There are now 18 positive cases linked to the Modbury cluster.
Premier Steven Marshall said because all three cases were in “strict quarantine”, South Australia was “still on track” to lift its lockdown restrictions on Tuesday night.
It follows a “record” testing day in South Australia, with 23,719 tests results processed yesterday.
“Tomorrow is D-Day – we don’t want to see any further numbers, especially numbers that are outside in the community,” Marshall said.
“We haven’t seen that and this is one of the reasons why we believe we were 100 per cent right to act very decisively when this cluster first appeared.
“We put ourselves in the best position to have a short, sharp lockdown in South Australia and then on Wednesday (we’ll) get people back to school, get people back to work.”
The state’s transition committee will meet later today and tomorrow to determine which restrictions will be lifted on Tuesday night.
Marshall said the deteriorating situation in New South Wales – which today recorded 141 new coronavirus cases – meant it was unlikely that South Australia would return to a three person per four-square-metre density requirement.
“But, we do want to get people back. We want people back on construction sites, we want them back in their hotels, in their cafes, in their restaurants in South Australia,” he said.
“We want retail opening up and we want to do that as safely as we possibly can.”
Spurrier said SA Health had undertaken a review of CCTV footage at Tenafeate Creek Wines and had determined that the winery’s “Barrel Room” was “a highly infectious place”.
“It is very small, there wasn’t much ventilation and it was very crowded,” she said.
“On the basis of that, we’ve made contact with about 40 people who were doing home quarantine… and those people will be transferred to our medi-hotels as well.”
SA Health is considering developing a “home quarantine package” to people in home quarantine, to give them a similar level of medical support to those in medi-hotels.
“When you’re in a hotel quarantine you get a daily call from our nursing staff to check on your symptoms … we are looking at how we can do that for some of the people in home quarantine,” Spurrier said.
The Victoria Park testing site remains temporarily closed today due to flooding, but a new walk-in clinic at the Mile End netball stadium is open 24/7.
The State Government will expand its online booking system for testing to include the Repat site from 8am tomorrow.
SA Health late yesterday afternoon narrowed down its list of exposure sites, with Seppeltsfield Winery’s cellar door and Fino Restaurant now the only locations of concern at that site.
The entire Westfield Tea Tree Plaza has been taken off the list of exposure sites, with only select shops now classed as places of concern.
The current list of exposure locations is detailed below and is regularly updated.
Local News Matters
Media diversity is under threat in Australia – nowhere more so than in South Australia. The state needs more than one voice to guide it forward and you can help with a donation of any size to InDaily. Your contribution goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. Please click below to help InDaily continue to uncover the facts.