InDaily InDaily

Support independent Journalism Donate Subscribe
Support independent journalism

News

North Terrace tram service delayed

News

The State Government has apologised to South Australians after it was forced to delay the promised start date for the new tram service along North Terrace.

Comments
Comments Print article

The Government announced earlier this month that services to the East End along the new tram extension would begin this Sunday.

But signalling issues, identified during driver training, have forced the Government to delay launching the service.

Contractors are flying back from Germany to help fix the problem.

“This is a very frustrating development in this problem-plagued project,” Transport Minister Stephan Knoll said.

“This project has been riddled with problems from the outset and the State Government would like to apologise to South Australians for the inconvenience, uncertainty and delays this project has caused over the past 12 months.

“Testing is underway to identify the exact fault, which will ned to be rectified before passenger services are able to commence safely.”

He said contractors from Hanning and Kahl were flying from Germany to help fix the issue.

“Every effort is being made to fix this problem and get passenger services up and running as soon as possible,” said Knoll.

“These latest issues will also be captured by the State Government’s review of this project once complete.”

Make a comment View comment guidelines

Local News Matters

Media diversity is under threat in Australia – nowhere more so than in South Australia. The state needs more than one voice to guide it forward and you can help with a donation of any size to InDaily. Your contribution goes directly to helping our journalists uncover the facts. Please click below to help InDaily continue to uncover the facts.

Donate today
Powered by PressPatron

Comments

Show comments Hide comments
Will my comment be published? Read the guidelines.

More News stories

Loading next article