Walsh’s son Cy has been charged with his father’s murder and will enter a plea on December 11.
He appeared by video link in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Tuesday where prosecutor Lucy Boord said the results of toxicology tests on the defendant’s hair had been obtained and would now be subject to expert analysis.
Ms Boord also asked the court to revoke a previous order allowing media outlets to view declarations already filed in the case, saying some subsequent media reporting had hampered ongoing inquiries.
“This is still an ongoing investigation. Police are still attempting to get statements from a number of witnesses,” Ms Boord said.
“As a direct result of the order to inspect those witnesses have now gone to ground and we’re having a great deal of difficulty getting statements from them.”
She said she appreciated there was considerable public interest in the case but all matters would become public knowledge “in the fullness of time”.
Cy Walsh has been in custody since the alleged killing at the Walsh family home in Adelaide in July.
Dressed in a green windcheater, the 26-year-old stared straight ahead during the brief hearing and spoke only to indicate that he could hear the magistrate.
At a previous hearing the court heard that Walsh may have been experiencing a drug-induced psychosis when he allegedly murdered his father.
But defence and prosecution counsel rejected a suggestion they issue a clarifying statement in relation to the case in the wake of what a magistrate described as unfortunate speculation.
We value local independent journalism. We hope you do too.
InDaily provides valuable, local independent journalism in South Australia. As a news organisation it offers an alternative to The Advertiser, a different voice and a closer look at what is happening in our city and state for free. Any contribution to help fund our work is appreciated. Please click below to become an InDaily supporter.