Preparation time: 45 minutes including cooking time
4 pieces of salmon, approx 200g each
50g rocket salad
½ fennel, finely sliced
¼ Spanish onion, finely sliced
2 oranges, peeled and segmented (keep the juice)
¼ bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
¼ bunch chives, finely chopped
¼ bunch dill, finely chopped
1 teaspoon capers, finely chopped
½ clove, finely grated
Garlic to taste
1 lemon, juiced
1 lemon wedge
20ml olive oil
1½ pinch each of salt and pepper
- Season the fish with half a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Char on a grill or flat-top grill on your BBQ on high for approximately 4 -5 minutes; turn when fish loosens from the grill.
- Cook on the other side for 4 – 5 minutes and remove when fish loosens again, ensuring it is still pink in the middle.
- Set to rest for 5-10 minutes and arrange the following items for the salsa verde.
- Finely chop herbs (parsley, chives, dill), capers and garlic, and combine with a half pinch each of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the lemon juice and olive oil so it resembles a thick paste.
- Finely slice the fennel and onion.
- Segment the oranges, lightly squeezing some juice into a cup and placing to the side for the dressing.
- Mix the rocket, fennel, orange segments and onion, and season with olive oil, orange juice and remaining salt and pepper.
Arrange the salsa verde on the bottom of the plate, placing the salad off-centre on the plate.
Lay the fish half on the salad and serve with a lemon wedge on the side. You may wish to top with grated lemon zest.
Help our journalists uncover the facts
In times like these InDaily provides valuable, local independent journalism in South Australia. As a news organisation it offers an alternative to The Advertiser, a different voice and a closer look at what is happening in our city and state for free. Any contribution to help fund our work is appreciated. Please click below to donate to InDaily.